The life of a food blogger can get cruel sometimes. You may be jealous of me right now, thinking that I’m eating these wonderful whole-wheat blueberry muffins for breakfast.
But you’d be wrong.
Nope. No muffins today. Because, in order to have this post ready for you I made these muffins a few weeks ago. And they were gone the second day.
So it’s boring eggs for me today. You should feel sorry for me.
No don’t. Okay just a little.
Now I’m thinking maybe I’ll go make some. It’s only 7:00, I could have them ready before the kids get out of bed. Hmmm….
This is another of my grandmother’s recipes, but tweaked a little to make it healthier. I used the same basic recipe to make my Strawberry-Lemon Whole Wheat muffins, which are equally delicious.
What are you having for breakfast?
Here’s the recipe if you want to have a wonderful whole wheat blueberry muffin for breakfast.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or 1 cup each of whole wheat and white)
- ⅔ cups sucanat (or sugar)
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (heaping if you're using course)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk (coconut milk works here)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or your favorite cooking oil)
- 1½ cups blueberries (if frozen, do not thaw)
- preheat oven to 400°
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except blueberries, stirring just until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray your muffin pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill each cup about ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake until golden and they bounce back when you touch them. About 15-20 minutes.
Linking up with: