I am so excited! I finally put together a meatloaf that my family will eat!
I have to tell you a secret: Before we got married I promised I would never make meatloaf.
How bad am I to break a prenuptial agreement?
You wanna know another secret?
He liked it.
Cheap healthy food, another new meal idea, a challenge met!
And to make it easier to cook just how much we’ll eat, I made it in silicone muffin pans.
Yeah, I overfilled them a little but the sauce still fit. Just barely!
I cooked just how many we wanted in one pan and froze the rest in another.
If you needed your pans for other things, you can transfer them to a freezer bag once they’re frozen.
On serving day, just thaw in the fridge and cook the same as fresh.
Here’s the recipe
- 1-1½ pounds fresh ground beef
- 2 eggs,room temp and slightly beaten
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ package onion soup mix
- for the sauce:
- 1 can tomato sauce (divided between the meat and the sauce)
- 2 TBSP sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp mustard
- For the meatloaves:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all of the meatloaf ingredients, including half of the tomato sauce.
- Using a large scoop, fill muffin cups to about ⅔ full.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce:
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan (including the other half of the tomato sauce).
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- When the meatloaves have baked for about 15 minutes, take them out and spoon the sauce onto the tops of each one.
- Place back into the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
Linking up with: