I have the hardest time finding healthy snack ideas.
I mean carrots are nice and all, but sometimes a girl just needs something a little more… um… well…
And I have found just the thing!
These take about 5 minutes to put together and I’m not kidding… they satisfied my craving for cookie dough.
If you’ve followed me on facebook for any length of time you know how much I cherish my cookie dough!
Seriously. These are really good. Gooey, chewy, crunchy…and healthy! And oh-so-much cheaper than a store bought granola bar!
My friend Bess posted these in her Fresh Start facebook group one day and I made them right then! I used regular chocolate chips because we were out of the minis (Josiah uses them on his yogurt). I also used a combo of the honey and maple syrup because I don’t love honey or the price of maple syrup.
You can check out the recipe here for alternate ingredient ideas and more tips.
- 1 cup (dry) old-fashioned oatmeal
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup (or a combo of both)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients either by hand or in a stand mixer.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a ziplock bag or sealable container and keep refrigerated up to a week.
- You can find substitution ideas here:
Linking up with: