Delicious like a fajita but just different enough to be a whole new party! (And when you have lettuce but not tortillas, it’s a perfect fix!)
If you’re going gluten-free, this is a great way to have familiar foods but not the gluten.
It’s pretty much a fajita on a bed of lettuce.
Start with chopping up some green pepper and onion.
Add that to a hot pan, drizzled with olive oil.
Add some strips of boneless chicken breast and sprinkle with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and a tiny bit of cumin.
Just keep cooking all that yumminess on medium-high heat until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
When it’s just about done, drizzle a bit of soy sauce into the mix. (about 1-2 TBSP)
This is a good time to wash and cut up your lettuce and make sure all of your toppings are good-to-go.
Once your chicken is cooked, transfer the chicken and veggies to a platter.
Your pan will have a wonderful coating of flavor just waiting for you to “harvest” it.
Just add few tablespoons of water and stir (while still on the burner) to get all the good stuff up from the bottom of the pan. Pour the juice over the chicken and veggies mixture.
Allow each person to make their own. Start with the lettuce, then the chicken, then your choice of toppings.
I use ranch salad dressing on mine. It gives it a little extra something and makes it different from a typical fajita.
- 1 LB boneless chicken, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tsp.garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- @ these seasoning amounts are approximate, play with it until you find the amount you like.
- Sour cream
- Tomatoes, diced
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Black beans, cooked and drained
- Ranch salad dressing
- Dice green pepper and onion.
- Add to a large pan, preheated, and lightly coated with olive oil.
- Add chicken strips to pan.
- Sprinkle chicken strips with spices.
- Cook until veggies are tender-crops, and chicken is browned and cooked through.
- While your chicken is cooking:
- Wash and chop lettuce.
- Set out your other toppings.
- When chicken is cooked, transfer chicken & veggies to a platter.
- Add 1-2 TBSP water to the pan and stir until the flavors at the bottom have lifted.
- Pour over chicken & veggie mixture.
- Allow each person to assemble their own depending on what they like.