This has been a favorite soup of mine for several years now. I first had it when a friend of ours served it for dinner. I couldn’t leave without the recipe and I’ve been making it ever since.
It’s easy to make.
Chop all of the veggies (amounts in recipe below) and lightly cook them them in a large soup pot with a little bit of olive oil.
Add broth, beans, tomatoes, and bay leaf and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add pasta and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
I usually serve it with these yummy cornbread muffins.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans (white kidney)
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Chop veggies.
- Lightly coat soup pot with oil.
- Cook the onion, garlic, celery, & carrot in oil on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add all other ingredients except pasta.
- Boil for about 15 minutes.
- Add pasta to soup and simmer another 10-13 minutes.
This post is participating in the following linkups: