Honestly, I don’t really know what “real” pepper steak is supposed to look like, or taste like, or what’s even in it. I’m guessing it’s not even close to what I’m calling Pepper Steak. But you’re nice people and I know you’ll overlook my ignorance and just make this yummy meal.
Despite its amazing ability to save you time in the kitchen, not all slow cooker meals are quick to put together. I’m OK with that, because it’s still worth it. But I do love it when I have a recipe that is super quick and comes out great every time. (Even if you forget the garlic!)
The hardest thing is chopping up your meat and putting your tomatoes in the food processor if your people like them small. My people like them small. From there it’s just giving everything else a rough chop and tossing it into the pot.
My cooker cooks a little bit hot so I can get away with starting it part way through the day. You probably need to let this cook 6-8 hours on low.
We love ours over a baked potato, so about 45 minutes before you want to serve dinner, just wash some potatoes, poke them with a knife, and bake them on about 375°
- 1-1/2 LBS stew beef or other boneless beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 can tomatoes (stewed, diced, whatever you have)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 baking potato per person
- course salt
- If beef isn't already cut, cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Wash veggies, cut into bite size pieces.
- Put all pepper steak ingredients into crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before supper:
- Rinse potatoes, poke with a fork, rub with some course salt.
- Place in a shallow baking dish and bake on 375 for about 45 minutes.
For more delicious Crock Pot recipes, follow my Crock Pot Recipes board:
Follow Beth Cranford/Eat Better Spend Less’s board Crock Pot Recipes on Pinterest.