Mix all ingredients except the onion to make a spice rub. Spread it all over your cleaned chicken and put some inside as well.
Store chicken in a large bowl, covered with plastic wrap, overnight in the fridge.
In the morning, put the onion inside the chicken, and put the chicken in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
I usually serve it with green beans and some variation of potatoes.
- 1 lg. roasting chicken
- 4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp, thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 lg. onion,peeled & quartered
- Mix all the spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Discard any giblets from the chicken
- Coat the chicken thoroughly with the spice mixture both inside and out.
- Place the chicken in a pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Place the onions in the cavity of chicken.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Do not add any liquid.
- Cover and cook on low 9 hours.
For more delicious Crock Pot recipes, follow my Crock Pot Recipes board:
Follow Beth Cranford/Eat Better Spend Less’s board Crock Pot Recipes on Pinterest.