This is my husband’s favorite soup. It’s very easy to make and can be done either on the stove or in the crock pot. I took lots of pics but I don’t want you to think that it’s complicated so I’ve compiled them into one fun little collage. It takes only a few minutes to actually put this soup together.
Here we go:
1.Chop your onion, red pepper, and zucchini.
2.Put a dash of olive oil in a large skillet (with high sides).
Heat to medium and add your peppers and onions.
3.Chop your garlic. (or if you prefer you can zest it like I did here for my garlic bread)
4.Add garlic to the pan.
5. Add your corn.
6. Let all of that cook for about 5 minutes (more or less depending on what your kids need at the moment.)
7. Add your tomatoes (not drained).
8. This isn’t in the recipe but I added some garlic salt with cilantro.
9. Add your tomato sauce.
10. Add your chicken.
11. Add black beans.
12. Add chicken broth and cumin.
See? That wasn’t so bad. You’re well on your way to an amazing bowl of soup! One more step.
We top ours with fresh avocado, cheese, and cilantro and have tortilla chips on the side. Totally yummy, pretty cheap, easy, and very good for you.
If you think this recipe looks yummy, would you consider sharing it by using the buttons below the recipe or the pin icon on the photos? Thanks so much!
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ cup yellow corn (frozen)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 cup black beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- Cheese, shredded
- Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, torn or chopped (start with just a little if you're new to cilantro.)
- Chop your onion, red pepper, and zucchini.
- Put a dash of olive oil in a large skillet (with high sides).
- Heat to medium and add your peppers and onions.
- Chop your garlic. (or if you prefer you can zest it like I did here for my garlic bread)
- Add garlic to the pan.
- Add your corn.
- Let all of that cook for about 5 minutes (more or less depending on what your kids need at the moment.)
- Add your tomatoes (not drained)
- This isn't in the recipe but I added some garlic salt with cilantro
- Add your tomato sauce
- Add your chicken
- Add black beans
- Add chicken broth and cumin
- At this point you can either let it simmer on the stove for about 20 minutes or transfer it to a crock pot and let it cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Top with cheese, avocado, and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Linking up with: