I was having a somewhat stressful Saturday–and Saturdays are supposed to be stress-free! I had so much to do and I had no lunch plans. And because I’m big on meal planning (you may have noticed) I get really frustrated when I don’t have one. I hate to go out for burgers or something worse just because I didn’t have a good plan. So, I was frustrated.
Then my daughter said “Mom, I’ll take care of lunch.”
And then this shows up in front of me!
I’m not kiddin’, my mood went from very low to pretty much giddy.
Lunch was not only “taken care of” it was delicious!
Yes, I was overtly grateful.
From the buttery crisp crunch of the grilled bread to the gooey cheese and fresh tomatoes and basil…
What could be wrong with this sandwich? (I’m aware…don’t tell me, I’m choosing to ignore the whiteness of the bread and I have no problem with all that cheese.)
If you need a change of pace, try it, you’ll like it!
- 4 slices of multigrain italian bread (or bread of choice)
- Butter (about 2 TBSP)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 5-7 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Chop the tomatoes and basil.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese on each of two pieces of bread.
- Follow the ricotta with the tomatoes and basil.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and top with the other piece of bread.
- Butter the top piece of bread and add the sandwich, buttered side down, to a hot grill pan.
- butter the top bread and turn when the first side is golden brown.
- Grill second side until golden brown.
- Eat while hot.
Linking up with: