We love this in the summer. It’s delicious, light, and easy to make.
The rice here looks like white rice but it’s called Basmati rice. It has the texture of whited rice and cooks super easy, but it has a lower glycemic index, which means it will not raise your blood sugar like white rice does. Even if you’re not diabetic, blood sugar is huge issue and you need to keep it regulated. We love this rice. It has a faint popcorn smell when you’re cooking it but it doesn’t taste like popcorn. Not that popcorn actually tastes like anything without the salt and butter! (Isn’t the purpose of popcorn to have something to hold your salt and butter?)
OK, enough babble, try this dish, I think you’ll like it. Proof that you can have super-easy meals while still eating healthy!
- 1LB boneless chicken,
- cut into 2 inch chunks
- ½ bottle italian dressing
- grilled veggies
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- Marinate chicken and veggies in a resealable bag with salad dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to make supper.
- For The Dressing
- Bring 2 cups water and 1tsp salt to a boil.
- Add rice. Stir, turn burner off and cover.
- Cook without stirring 20 minutes.
- Heat grill pan (or large skillet) with 1-2 TBSP oil.
- Grill veggies (including pineapples) and chicken about 10 minutes until done.
- Transfer rice onto a large platter.
- Pour chicken mixture on top so juices will mix into the rice.