You’ll never need to buy barbecue sauce again!
My “Grammy Winnie” was an amazing cook, which worked out well because she and my grandfather owned sporting camps in Northern Maine.
She spent her days cooking for hunters and fishermen. They lived far from any type of store, so she had to shop carefully and make almost everything from scratch. I really can’t remember what she used barbecue sauce for, barbecue isn’t exactly a New England specialty. But somewhere along the way I came into the knowledge that she was in possession of a recipe.
So, I asked her for it and now I’m sharing it with you.
Let it cook on medium-low until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved.
This makes a pretty big recipe. Along with using it to make super-yummy BBQ burgers, you can use it to make this shredded chicken recipe.
- 1⁄2 stick butter
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- dash Worcestershire sauce (Aren’t you glad you don’t have
- to know how to spell or even pronounce it in order to use it?)
- Just mix the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until butter is dissolved and everything comes together.
- *This recipe is gluten free if you use gluten free soy sauce.