I love how easy and inexpensive this meal is! I don’t suppose it’s the healthiest meal ever invented, but it’s certainly not the worst! And it’s a welcome comfort on a cold afternoon. My brother likes his with a tuna sandwich, though I’m sure it has nothing to do with increasing the nutritional value!
Enjoy your chowder!
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 TBSP onion, minced (opt.)
- 2 handfuls shredded carrots
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Oyster crackers or saltines
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cool water.
- Add carrots, salt, onion, and bouillon to potatoes and cook until potatoes are just
- When potatoes are tender, drain most of the water but not all of it.
- Add evaporated milk and cream style corn, S& P to taste
- Serve with crackers.