I love serving this meal in the summer. It’s super easy, very quick, and good for you!
If it’s too hot to turn the oven on just skip the bread, still a yummy dinner.
- For the Chef Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby spinach
- Shredded carrots
- Eggs (1 per person)
- Sunflower seeds
- Sliced deli ham or turkey
- Sliced deli cheese
- Your family’s favorite salad dressings
- For the Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread from the bakery section
- Garlic powder
- Place your eggs in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring water to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice the loaf into 1 -inch slices.
- Spread butter and sprinkle garlic powder onto each piece.
- Reassemble the loaf and wrap loosely with foil.
- Set the bread in the warm oven while you make the salad.
- Remove eggs from the hot water to let them start cooling.
- Wash all of your veggies and cut into bite -size pieces.
- Slice the eggs, deli meat, and cheese into bite -sized pieces.
- Either toss all salad ingredients into a large bowl or set in individual bowls so people can make their own.
@You can use whatever veggies you like; be sure to load them up, as this is your main dish.