I really think I should create a recipe category called “Fun Meals”. It would consist of the meals that qualify for dinner on Friday nights. Call me weird (you wouldn’t be the first) but I think Friday night’s meal needs to be fun. No casseroles, no roasts, certainly no quiche! (very few vegetables), no utensils needed, crunchy, cheesy, and… fun!
If I do create such a category, these tortilla pizzas will be there. I failed to mention that fun meals also need to be easy, and this is very easy.
I make ours from shredded barbecued chicken that I keep in the freezer. You can brown some boneless chicken and chop it up and you’re good.
I’m sort of guessing on the amounts because I just pull whatever we need for chicken and cheese from the freezer. Hopefully I’m close, but just use your judgement. Be careful not to put too much of the toppings on though, because your tortilla won’t get crispy.
Make these on a Friday evening and enjoy a family movie (or better yet, movies of the family) together!
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 Cups cooked chicken (either shredded or chunked)
- Barbecue sauce (maybe about 1 cup)
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (or a Mexican blend)
- 1 Cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese or any smoked cheese
- Cook chicken and either shred or cut into small pieces.
- Mix chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Slice onion and cook on low heat with a splash of oil in a sauté pan until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. You may want to spray them lightly with cooking spray.
- Lay the tortillas out on the cookie sheets.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas and try to spread evenly.
- For those in the family who like cooked onions, spread a spoonful of onions on top of the chicken.
- Top each tortilla with a mixture of both cheeses.
- Be careful not to use too much of the topping because the tortilla won't get crispy.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
This post is participating in the following linkups: